Saturday, December 5, 2009

Remembering Mom

It's been 15 years today since Mom passed away. It is hard for me to even relate to that point in my life anymore. It was before I was married, before I was a mother, before I had a career, before I had anyone else to think about but myself. It makes me sad that she doesn't know the life that I have now.   You never grow too old to need your Mom. But I am rich in many ways and I actually have Mom to thank for growing me closer to my loving God. When she passed away I was a bit lost in my soul and the only way I could survive was to pray. I thank God for His peace and love in leading my life from then on. I am blessed by Him and blessed to have had Mom in my life for 21 years.

As Mom was always busy, I kept myself busy today too. The kids and I went to Autumn's school for a Christmas bazaar in the morning, where she was able to "shop" for the family with her own money. From there we met Kerrie (Grandmom) and Michelle and cousins, Hope and Adi, at Red Robin for some lunch. Michelle is going to have her 3rd little bundle in 5 days and we are very excited. A new baby in the family! Hope took this picture of the 3 of us and did a pretty good job!


Adi (4), Autumn (6), Joshua (2) and Hope (7)


We then ventured to Kohls for some Christmas shopping. The store was mobbed although I think everyone cleared out of the picture for this shot!

As we drove home it was snowing and this was what we saw when we pulled up the driveway.


The kids were excited to get bundled up after Joshua's nap and head outside.


Making our first snowman of the year.

They did a great job with Daddy!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

It really is amazing how much has happened in 15 years - to you, to me, and to us. People say how proud Mom would be of us today. She would, of course! But knowing that doesn't replace the wishing she was right here with us. I suppose you could drown in that thought. I appreciate everything you do to carry on, and also when I feel like I'm drowning in that thought...that you are here to help pull me out. My special sister, I love you. I thank God for you and your family every day. The one person who really does "get it" - xoxox. I'm glad you had a happy day!

Unknown said...

I know your mom is looking down on you, Carolyn, Robbie, your dad, and the rest of us. I know she's proud of what you have all become and I feel her whenever I'm with you! :)