Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Big Day

Today was Autumn's first day of kindergarten. We got ready last night with a bath, clothes set, bag packed and lots of excited anticipation. We read "The Night Before Kindergarten" and it was not unlike Christmas Eve given her excitement level.



















Autumn and Joshua headed happily out the door at 12:20pm for the 12:32 bus. We took lots of pictures in front of the house and then headed to the end of the driveway to wait and look for the bus up the road.

































Patience is not Joshua's strong suit.



















Finally at 12:45 bus #17 arrived. Autumn happily hopped aboard and somehow I kept it together as I walked back up the driveway and into the house with Joshua. I think she and I were both ready for her to reach this milestone.















She came home full of smiles and stories and said "I can't WAIT to go back tomorrow!" The favorite part of the day was the bus ride. She was sitting in the front seat on the way home and later revealed that she talked to the bus driver almost the entire 25 minute. Chris and I both laughed and rolled our eyes at that conversation..."If you go down that road my friend Sydney lives there, and if you go straight on that road it takes you to my Daddy's work, and this is the way we go to the Promenade from my house...." But the driver was very sweet and waved and said "Bye Autumn!" when she got off the bus.

































We celebrated her homecoming with cookies and milk and stories about Mrs. Oakes and her day. She is going to have a great year!














3 comments:

Kristen said...

I simply cannot believe her first day has happened!!! I'm getting all choked up thinking that little Autumn is now in school! Where has the time gone??? So happy her first day was such a positive experience. Can't wait to hear more great stories about her first year in Kindergarten!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Carolyn said...

I love Joshua's big grin as he holds his sister's hand, quickly turning to exhaustion waiting for that bus. And I can just imagine Autumn's dictation to the bus driver! What a great, great day! You two have done a fantastic job with your little one. She's ready for new adventures with confidence. xoxox

Aunt Nan said...

Certainly a day to remember forever. What excitement..what joy..what pride. You and Chris have much to be proud of. Your two children are absolutely precious. Hope Autumn's year is fantastic..she's off to a great start. Love you. xoxoxox