Friday, April 10, 2009

Autumn's duathlon

Chris has been preparing for his first duathlon race of the season (run,bike,run) and the kids don't miss a trick. When he gets home after a workout Joshua asks "Daddy bike?" And Joshua will often say to me, "How's run Mommy?" (even if I just walked in the door in work clothes). We are glad that we are setting a positive example for the kids. So it was no surprise last night when I went into the basement to find Autumn riding her bike on our stationary bike trainer and then to follow it up with laps around the basement. The leaf doesn't fall too far...





Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been overly friendly lately and the kids are itching to get outside. So after Autumn finished her duathlon, she entertained Joshua with the riding John Deere tractor that he got for Christmas. They can't wait until they can drive all over the lawn with it!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

The leaf or the apple? :) Looking forward to the day all the kids can do some fun runs with us! I remember doing a few with Dad when I was in middle school. Good times, good times.

Kristen said...

Did she put her bike up there by herself? Too stinking cute!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!! Way to go Autumn...

Lauren said...

Oh yeah, apple. Leaf sounded okay to me!